U.S. Commercial Service Idaho Exporter Newsletter | January 2021
U.S. Department of Commerce at CES 2021
U.S. Department of Commerce at CES 2021
Meet with Trade Specialists from 40+ Countries and extend your Global Reach CES 2021 (January 11-14, All Digital Venue) – Attention U.S. exhibitors! The U. S. Commercial Service, in cooperation with the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)®, invites you to register for Discover Global Opportunities during the all-digital CES 2021.U.S. Exhibiting Companies that have opted into the CES 2021 Export Interest Directory can participate in Discover Global Opportunities: Free one-on-one virtual meetings with U.S. Commercial Service Export Specialists and pre-vetted buyers participating from more than 40 countries;Free export counseling and market-specific intelligence.
To sign up for Discover Global Opportunities, contact Amy.Benson@trade.gov .
Not opted in yet? Click on the “Opt-in” button on the Discover Global Opportunities page, then contact Isabel.
Idaho’s Taiwan & SE Asia Trade Official Virtual Visits
Jan 11-29, 2021: Contact HERE
Intro to Trade Finance: Compete & Win Sales with EXIM
Intro to Trade Finance: Compete & Win Sales with EXIM’s Risk Protection and Access to CashRing in the new year with effective solutions to help your company grow revenue. Explore international sales as a thriving opportunity to gain access to 95% of consumer buying power outside the United States.
Jan. 12 | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. MST | Register here
Export Training in Spanish
All webinars held 2:00-3:30 pm EST in Spanish language, hosted by the U.S. Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division, helping build a strong foundation in the fundamentals of exporting.
February 18, 2021: Advanced ACE Export Reports
Webinar Calendar and Access Information HERE
Why Mexico Now Webinar
Learn about Mexico’s current economic outlook, export opportunities, and the upcoming Governor’s Virtual Trade Mission April 2021.
Jan. 14 | 10 to 11 a.m. MST
Pivot to Defense
Hosted by the Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition (PNDC), learn how to become a supplier to the defense community. This event will cover steps to enter the defense marketplace, resources available to support your pivot, advice on researching opportunities, and how to make a good impression with government buyers and defense prime contractors
Jan. 14 | 3 to 530 p.m. MST | $35 – $45 | Learn more
International Documentation Webinar
Incomplete or inaccurate documentation for international shipments can cost your business time and money. Learn how your company can accurately articulate required documents to ensure customers, distributors and your company stays ahead of schedule.
Technical Textiles Coffee Chat – Europe
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 9 a.m. MST
Featuring market briefings from Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic, and Portugal!The U.S. Commercial Service’s Global Textiles, Apparel, and Sporting Goods Team invites U.S. exporters to join us for a “virtual coffee chat” with our U.S. Embassy and Consulate colleagues in Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic, and Portugal. This informal video discussion is through Microsoft Teams. The session will cover the current status of the technical textiles sector in these countries.
Where: Microsoft Teams. Invitation to follow registration.
Registration Fee: $25 per company.
Send Questions to Amy.Benson@trade.gov
Infrastructure Summits: Middle East and North Africa
Save the Dates! Join the U.S. Commercial Service in two unique Infrastructure Summits in The Gulf and North Africa! Featuring top decision-makers from local Ministries and procuring agencies who will present on upcoming infrastructure projects and deals in their country. Topics covered include upcoming projects in renewable and emerging energy, oil & gas, power storage and transmission, transportation, and more. Due to the broad scope of these infrastructure projects, companies across the environmental technologies, water management, healthcare, education, ICT and entertainment sectors are also invited to join.
- March 8-11, 2021: KSA, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain Webinar Series
- March 15-18, 2021: KSA, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain Virtual Conference Series
- March 23-25, 2021: KSA, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain Individual Company Counseling and one-on-one appointments
- September 2021: Cairo and Tunis (in-person delegation)Information Here.Program details are being confirmed. For the latest update, and to register your interest, contact Jay.Park@trade.gov
Other Webinars & Virtual Events
- Jan. 14, RAISE (Rural America’s Intelligence Service for Exporters) Market Research
- Jan. 19, Indo-Pacific Region Education Market Update
- Feb. 23-24, AES/ACE Seminar, Cost: $85, Deadline Feb. 19
Join our U.S. Embassy colleagues and private sector representative briefings on the current status of the market, key target sectors, new procedures or guidelines, and developing trends.
Virtual B2B Matchmaking Programs & Trade Events
- 2021 Dates TBD – Fitness Market in Russia (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- March 1-5 & 8, 2021 –Cyber Security Business Development Mission to South America (Chile, Uruguay, Peru & Argentina)
- March/Sept – Middle East North Africa Infrastructure Summits. Info
- April 21-22, 2021 – FAMEX, Queretaro, Mexico, Defense + Aerospace (contact Carey.Arun@trade.gov)
- May 23-28, 2021 – Business Opportunities in the Caribbean Conference & Trade Mission
- Sept 14-17, 2021 – Defense & Security Equipment International (DSEI), London UK – PNDC, Washington, Oregon supported. Info
We’re expanding our Social Media presence!
Follow us on our new U.S. Commercial Service Pacific Northwest LinkedIn Page to keep up to date with useful local events and resources put on by our agency and partner organizations!
And be sure to check out our official podcast Export Nation on Spotify! Export Nation provides informative and entertaining content highlighting America’s export experts and trade-related news, successes, events, and insights.