- This event has passed.
Introduction to NAFTA & 3 Free Trade Agreements (Korea, Colombia, Panama)
April 12 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Presented by Allocca Enterprises, Inc. in cooperation with the U.S. Commercial Service and the Idaho District Export Council (DEC)
How many times have you shipped to Canada/Mexico and simply filled out a NAFTA certificate based on your customer’s instructions? Did you have any supporting documentation showing how you researched the rules of origin and obtained
any manufactures affidavits proving your goods qualify for NAFTA? Have you documented your research on your bill of materials as to how your goods qualify? Do you know if your goods have a duty associated with them or where to go to get this information? Are you aware of the 3 new FTA’s (Panama, S. Korea and Colombia)? If not come and learn about the differences between them and NAFTA.
This program will help you be in full compliance with all NAFTA regulations. You will know where to go and what to look for to be able to determine if your products qualify for the benefits of NAFTA. Most companies are exposing themselves unnecessarily to NAFTA penalties. In some cases, your goods have low or zero duty already and therefore no need to expose your company to potential NAFTA violations or to fill out a NAFTA certificate if your goods do not qualify. You will have an overview of the 3 FTA’s (Panama, South Korea, Colombia).
- When: Thursday, April 12th, 2018 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Cost is $250 per person (pre-register by March 30th). $295 to register after March 30th.
- Includes all reference material, morning pastries/coffee, and lunch.
- Seating is limited, registration form & payment required to guarantee a seat.
- Must RSVP via fax to 803.684.8014 Attn: Mike Allocca. Checks must be received no later than April 11th.
- Please visit the website, www.alloccaenterprises.com, to pay via credit card online.
- Location: Holiday Inn Express, 2970 West Elder Street, Boise, ID 83705
- Understand how to determine if your products qualify for NAFTA
- Learn how to use the NAFTA Rules of Origin – AKA Annex 401
- Overview of the 3 new FTA’s (Colombia, Panama, S. Korea)
- NAFTA Certificates of Origins – Common errors, when you should/ shouldn’t fill one out.
- Understand preference criteria A-F. How to determine which one your goods qualify for.
- Supporting documentation – How do you obtain one, and when should you use a
- Formulas for determining regional value content or a change in tariff classification.
- Fungible goods and materials/De Minimis– What are they how does this affect you
Who should attend:
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, sales department, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officer, financial officer, sales managers, customer service managers and anyone involved /concerned with international shipments.
This full-day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU’s.