Exporting Fundamentals with Noted Export Expert Mike Allocca
April 16 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Idaho District Export Council is excited to welcome back to Boise, Mike Allocca, who will share his encyclopedic knowledge of exporting and his years of practical experience during a 1/2 day Seminar on Export Fundamentals. The seminar will meet the needs of anyone interested in or involved with exports, sales, customer service, traffic management, and purchasing.
Topics will include:
- Due Diligence- knowing your customer/ five (5) required questions
- Checking the seven (7) mandatory denial lists
- Introduction to Incoterms® 2010
- Four (4) ways to minimize your risk/ exposure
- Four (4) ways an Export can be Licensing
- Schedule B /HTS classification
- How can an Export Mgt Compliance Program (EMCP) help me?
- Export Penalties
- The seminar takes place Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm at the Idaho State Department of Agriculture at 2270 Old Penitentiary Road in Boise.
- Cost is $45 per person for those who register by April 5th. After April 5, the cost increases to $75 per person. Attendees will receive all reference materials, morning coffee/tea & lunch.
- Early Bird Registration Here
- Registration will close on April 12th.
- Seating is limited, reservations & payment are required to guarantee a seat.
- For additional information or questions, contact Jennifer Verdon of Idaho Commerce and the DEC at 208.287.3165 or Jennifer.Verdon@commerce.idaho.gov
Thanks to the U.S. Small Business Administration and its State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Program that helped make this event affordable.
About Mike Allocca and Allocca Enterprises
Allocca Enterprises became incorporated in 2006 and is owned and operated by Mike Allocca. It is a full-service export and import compliance training company, which will exceed your expectations. Once you attend one of the training programs you’ll know why so many people agree that these are by far the best training programs they have ever been to. You learn with hands-on tools and checklists, conduct exercises and learn from real life examples on how to guide you and your company to full compliance on every transaction. It is not only about understanding the ever-changing compliance regulations but taking the fear out of the transaction.
Mike Allocca became interested in Logistics while a senior at Suny Albany. He interned at a local freight forwarding company after obtaining his bachelors in business administration, he then became a full-time employee handling international ocean exports and imports. He quickly worked his way up over 10 years from internal operations to vice-president of sales for the New York-based company. He was part of the select few of the Presidents Team, (Accruing well over one-million dollars in gross sales in 12 consecutive months) for 6 years in a row.
Mike went through the accelerated executive MBA Program through the University at Albany. He has sat on the board of directors of the global business network for 2 years. He has traveled abroad many times throughout Europe & Asia and continues to travel/train abroad. He works on a daily basis with exporters and importers all over the United States, helping them with domestic and international compliance & logistics issues.
From 2004-2006 he was also a partner in an export/import consulting company. He created and conducted worldwide compliance & logistics training to many of the worlds leading companies. Due to the overwhelming response and need for public as well as in-house training programs, this has quickly become a full-time business. In 2006 Mike started his own consulting company under Allocca Enterprises Inc. and has been working with companies across the United States ever since.
Mike is a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) through NASBITE. He won the trade partner of the year award in 2008 in Albany, NY. He has been appointed by the Secretary of Commerce to the District Export Council (DEC) in Columbia, SC.
He continues to keep updated on export/import regulations by regularly attending and/or hosting programs, seminars and events with the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Customs & Border Protection , U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State, NAFTA – office of Intra American Affairs and the TSA.
The Idaho District Export Council thanks all of its sponsors for their generous support that makes events like this possible.