April 4 – 5, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Stueckle Sky Center
Boise State University, 1910 University Drive, Boise 83725
$100 for two full days includes lunch and an April 4 evening Networking Event on the Boise State Blue Turf.
The Idaho District Export Council and Allocca Enterprises are excited to bring to you a two-day seminar on the Automated Commercial Environment, International Documentation, and Preparing for Customs or BIS Audit.
Topics to be covered:
- Understanding how to use the new ACE system as it relates to exporters filing of the Electronic Export Information (EEI). They are phasing out the old AES system in 2016.
- Learn how to complete every field correctly on the new EEI.
- How to minimize delays in customs by having all of the information the first time.
- Why you should be using a DCS Statement on all of your invoices both domestic & international.
- Understand how to correctly fill out: Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, General/Generic US Certificates of Origin.
- NAFTA Certificates of Origin’s – Common errors, when you should/shouldn’t fill one out.
- Review best practices and common errors of importers and exporters.
- Roles & responsibilities of importers and exporters during an audit.
- Import/Export checklists to guide you to full compliance before an audit.
- Self-auditing, what steps we can take today to protect and prepare ourselves and our company.
Who should attend:
- Traffic managers
- Purchasing managers
- Shipping/receiving personnel
- Compliance Officer
- Sales managers
- Customer service managers and anyone involved or concerned with international shipments.
Trainer, Mike Allocca
Mike started his career in 1996 as a freight forwarder in Albany, NY. He quickly worked his way up over ten years from internal operations to vice president of sales. Mike went through the accelerated Executive MBA Program through the University at Albany in New York. He was on the board of directors of the Global Business Network in Albany, NY for two years. In 2006 Mike started his consulting company under Allocca Enterprises Inc. He then won the 2008 Trade Partner of the Year award from the Tech Valley Global Business Network. Mike has conducted hundreds of on-site and public training seminars across the United States and the globe. He works on a daily basis with importers and exporters conducting compliance audits, Free Trade Agreement determinations, HTS & NAFTA classifications, ITAR training and registration and implementing written export & import procedures. He is a NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional.
For additional information, please contact:
Jennifer Verdon at (208) 287-3165 or email Jennifer.Verdon@commerce.idaho.gov
Meet us on the BLUE!
Join the Idaho District Export Council and other international business and exporting professionals for an evening of networking following day 1 of the International Shipping and Compliance seminar.
The event includes appetizers and a no-host bar at the Loft at Stueckle Sky Center from 4:30 p.m.—6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4. The group will move to the BLUE at 6:00 p.m. for some time on the turf!
To register for the networking event, please RSVP the number in your party to email@example.com.
- 4 Apr, 2017
- William Mullane
- 0 Comments
- export idaho, international shipping and compliance,