The Idaho District Export Council (DEC) is a volunteer Organization drawn from Idaho. Industries and service providers whose knowledge of international business provides a unique source of professional advice to help other Idaho firms compete and win business in the international marketplace. The Idaho DEC works closely with the Boise Export Assistance Center of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Commercial Service to accomplish its mission through:
- Counseling, educating and mentoring local businesses;
- Identifying sources of trade and project finance;
- Identifying key issues affecting U.S. and Idaho industry competitiveness in the global marketplace;
- Multiplying the efforts of the Boise Export Assistance Center.
- Exports that strengthen individual companies, stimulate U.S. economic growth and create jobs.
- Export expansion activities by working with the U.S. Commercial Service and specifically with the Boise Export Assistance Center.
- Opportunities to promote greater export activity at the state level by developing a trade assistance network.
- Contribute leadership and international trade expertise to complement the export promotion efforts of the U.S. Commercial Service through counseling businesses on the exporting process and conducting trade education and community outreach.
If you have an interest in contributing your knowledge and special talents to the Idaho DEC or, if we can provide a speaker for your event or answers to your questions on international trade, finance, logistics, marketing or documentation please contact us.
Contact: Amy Benson, IDEC Director